How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where can I find a case law

Customer Question

Where can I find a case law number for credit for time served on a warrant hold in Washington state?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
I'm not sure what you're looking form could you rephrase?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My son was held by King County for possession of a stolen vehicle and a warrant hold was placed on him by Snohomish County for the entire year served in King County. He is now in Snohomish County and is being sentenced, but is wondering if he can get time served because of the hold they had on him for the last year. He is not allowed to go to the law library, but believes that if a warrant hold is placed, he should get that time credit. He needs case law to support his belief.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
I'm going to have to opt out if you are needing case law.
The cost of accessing the legal databases, not including the time needed for the research, is several hundred dollars for even a simple search.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I will try elsewhere.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not want another referral. I would like a refund as another attorney is going to tell me the same thing you did. Since my membership has been cancelled, I am unable to log in and self-request a refund. Please process this request. Thank you.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Different contributor here. I believe that some clarification is warranted here -- for the benefit of others who may see this Q&A session later on the internet. Despite the fact that practically none of the attorneys in this forum have access to costly professional subscription legal research tools, there is at least one attorney who does have such access. That would be me. As proof of this fact, I refer you to this previous Q&A session. That said, I wish you the best with your legal dilemma. Or, if you change your mind, let me know, and I'll try to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I received the first response, I contacted someone else outside of this site's scope. Because the other attorney's fee is higher, I am still requesting a refund from this site.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Best wishes with your legal dilemma.