Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have an Amish friend that was born at home no birth certificate

Customer Question

I have an Amish friend that was born at home no birth certificate needs one only has a have brother still alive She was born in PA
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that the only way for her to obtain any proof of birth now, which actually is quite common, is she will have to file a petition in court with her proof of birth and the date and the court has to issue a court order setting her date of birth and an order to vital records to issue a certification of birth.