How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An associate or my daughter's high school friend mom plan a

Customer Question

An associate or my daughter's high school friend mom plan a cruise for herself, her daughter, her son and my daughter. She was late to airport which I drove and wasn't aware airport was a hour away until that night, thought it was local airport. she still got a later flight to Miami Florida, but didn't have correct document to board ship for my daughter, a permission release form. She wasn't aware that she needed a permission release form. She called me from Florida and ask me to email a written statement and picture ID within 5 minutes. The email didn't go through or get there in time. They didn't make it on the cruise. She text me saying I owe her for three plane tickets and one cruise fee because she feels if she would got there to airport on time I would've had more time to email the permission release form. I would like to make a small claims for my daughter's cruise money and airfare back.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
While you will have to incur any loss relating to your daughter's ticket and travel expenses---unless you can somehow get the money back from the cruise ship or airline, in no way are you legally obligated to reimburse the other parent for the costs of their travel expenses.
I'm not sure who you are thinking of suing to recover your daughter's expenses, but if you are considering the other parent, there is no legak basis under the law for you to force them to repay you for the losses of your daughter.
However, you are certainly not legally liable to pay t=for the losses suffered by the other parent either.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,