How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a company out of state NV receives a judgement via an Arbitrary

Customer Question

If a company out of state NV receives a judgement via an Arbitrary action can we fight that action to get it reheard or dismissed in NV?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Generally arbitration awards can only be set aside if 1) the arbitration is "non-binding" (the arbitration award is subject to either party contesting the matter in a subsequent court action; or 2) if there is evidence of misconduct by the arbitrator in "binding" arbitration (unfairness or gross misconduct by the arbitrator).You are discussing "out of Nevada" and "in Nevada" - for forum selection issues, carefully review the contract or transaction underlying the dispute, and see if there is an agreement for where the dispute will be resolved, if there is a "forum selection clause" in it, determining where the dispute will be resolved that can be binding (it is often overlooked but it cannot be ignored), next, look for where the contract was entered into, where it was performed, and where the defendant resides (or where their business is located), any of these three things will establish jurisdiction for a court.