How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28353
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend made a loan to his former girlfriend while they were

Customer Question

A friend made a loan to his former girlfriend while they were dating. The money was recognized as a loan by the girlfriend. She made some payments but then stopped. Approximately $11k is still owed. Below is an email from my friend (who is French) as some back-up that I can substantiate further. My question is does he have a good case if he spends the money to sue? Will he win?Bonjour Jeffthank you for your message1. YES Initially I make the check ($15,000) out to ENVIE GROUP my investment have been of $ 13 000 USD,BUT2. Christi Rogers in this case changed my initial investment for a personal Loan, (see mails below)3. I received a mail of Christi Rogers for explain the condition of repayment,(see mails below)4. I received a new mail of Christi Rogers and changed one more time the conditions of repayment,5. I received 6 payments (1 payment = $ 250 USD),6. Christi Rogers had stopped the repayment since September 2013.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, if your friend has evidence to show and support that this was a personal loan to her, along with the terms and conditions of it and that she has stopped paying, then he could sue her for the balance owed, along with attorney fees and costs. He stated that he has received correspondence from her, evidencing all these things, so unless she has a legal defense, it would be in his best interest to retain counsel and sue her.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!