Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I am 92 years old, just lost my wife of 70 years and I have

Customer Question

I am 92 years old, just lost my wife of 70 years and I have a small dog that is my companion. What do I need in order to take my dog into a restaurant in Indiana? In Wisconsin?Gordon Medlock
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.
First, let me express my condolences on the loss of your wife.
As to the point of your question, in either state, you need to have the dog designated by a physician as a medical assist animal (similar to a seeing eye dog). You need to have your physician make this designation and you need to keep a copy of the letter of designation on you any time you go to a restaurant and bring the dog with you.
Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.
Please rate my answer positively (5 stars) so that I can receive credit for my work.
Best wishes!
Let me know if you have any additional questions. I want you to be as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!