I am 92 years old, just lost my wife of 70 years and I have…

Customer Question
I am 92 years old...
I am 92 years old, just lost my wife of 70 years and I have a small dog that is my companion. What do I need in order to take my dog into a restaurant in Indiana? In Wisconsin?Gordon Medlock
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
5/20/2015
Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.
First, let me express my condolences on the loss of your wife.
As to the point of your question, in either state, you need to have the dog designated by a physician as a medical assist animal (similar to a seeing eye dog). You need to have your physician make this designation and you need to keep a copy of the letter of designation on you any time you go to a restaurant and bring the dog with you.
Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.
Please rate my answer positively (5 stars) so that I can receive credit for my work.
Best wishes!
Let me know if you have any additional questions. I want you to be as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!