How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 92 years old, just lost my wife of 70 years and I have

Customer Question

I am 92 years old, just lost my wife of 70 years and I have a small dog that is my companion. What do I need in order to take my dog into a restaurant in Indiana? In Wisconsin?Gordon Medlock
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.
First, let me express my condolences on the loss of your wife.
As to the point of your question, in either state, you need to have the dog designated by a physician as a medical assist animal (similar to a seeing eye dog). You need to have your physician make this designation and you need to keep a copy of the letter of designation on you any time you go to a restaurant and bring the dog with you.
Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.
Please rate my answer positively (5 stars) so that I can receive credit for my work.
Best wishes!
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you have any additional questions. I want you to be as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!