How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Maverick, I do not have a title or the last name of the guy

Customer Question

Maverick, I do not have a title or the last name of the guy who abandoned the vehicle on my property. All I know is that his first name is***** did a title search by the Vin nothing came back from Frankfort DMV. I believe this is the reason that
the judge didn't go in my favor.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
You may have to do a CARFAX on the VIN# ***** then do a dmv title search in each state that the car was used in.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
doing a Carfax report cost another $50.00 or more and then if more than one state title searches could cost another Hundred dollars by the time I complete them not to mention the time involved. this was not helpful at all. I had asked for ways to do this cheaply, as I have already spent several hundred dollars to get nowhere.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
No problem. If you are not 100% satisfied you do not have to pay. I have opted out at no charge to you so that another expert can try to assist you. Please do not respond to this message so that other experts can continue to view your question.