Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am continually harassed by my neighbor. This has been going

Customer Question
I am continually harassed by...
I am continually harassed by my neighbor. This has been going on for years. In 2006 he shot my german shepperd with a bow and arrow and later she died. In 2013 his wife threatened my daughter to do something about my dogs. She was 9. I approached her and we had choice words. Later that month my dog disappears from my fenced back yard. The same year they took down my chain link fence and I had to threaten them with a lawyer to put it back up. I recently put cameras up on the side of my house facing down my property line. I have her on camera pulling up on her gravel driveway and shooting rocks from the blade at my dog, my playhouse and into my yard. I have the husband on tape several times waiting in his truck until I get ready to leave in the morning to take my girl to the bus stop and then he will quickly pull out of his driveway. I take this as a threat or as he is trying to intimidate me. I have been to the police, I have called animal control and I tried to talk to a civil case lawyer today but he cut me off said it sounded criminal and he only takes cases where he an get money. What am I supposed to do? I am thinking about filing a civil case and ask that they leave me alone and pay for a privacy fence and court fees? I don't know if I have a case? I don't know what kind of terminology to use. I told the police I feel threatened and harassed in my own home but they don't verbally threaten me. He said something about filing an injunction but again I am not sure what that is. Someone please help me. I am tired of being a prisoner in my own home. These are only a few of the things they have done. The neighbor on the other side of him used to be friends with him until he figured him out. He told me that he bragged out shooting my dog and how long it took for her to die. He also said that this neighbor always tried to get him to steal from us. He is willing to testify for me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
5/15/2015
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what am I supposed to do" "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we either can't answer or we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that".
This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.
Tina, Lawyer