How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33732
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made an arrangement with Mark Rush and company t0 pay $300

Customer Question

I made an arrangement with Mark Rush and company t0 pay $300 two Fridays in a row,
and 68.75 for 5 more Fridays. They deducted 343.75 on Friday the 24th of April, 343.75 on the 30th, 68.75 on May 1st and 300.on the 8th of May. They were emptying my account so I had to cancel my card. They are now taking me to court. what should I do? They didn't keep their end of the arrangement.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
What was this for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I owed a payday loan and they asked me to pay 942.75.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
If you owe the money there isn't much you can do about them getting a judgment.
You could contest the awarding of attorney's fees, interests, and costs by stating that there was a settlement agreement in place that they breached, explain how they breached it, and provide what evidence you can of that breach. That should reduce down the amount that they can recover.
In Texas, they can't garnish pay but they can seize a bank account so you want to make sure you don't put any money in there once they get a judgment. Almost everything else in Texas is exempt from seizure or garnishments except stocks, bonds, and bank accounts so if you can stop them from getting their attorney's fees, costs, and interests then it could end up costing them more than they will recover.