How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27559
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I consigned student loan that has defaulted and the student

Customer Question

I consigned for a student loan that has defaulted and the student and I have been issued summons 31 days ago (or so). We need a lawyer in Northern California and I do not know where to find a reputable but inexpensive one?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You do want to handle this, since if you were served with a summons and complaint and fail to file a response or answer, you could be defaulted. To find an attorney, you do have a few options. The first, is to contact the CA Bar Association, as they have a program set up. The second and third are to use the two other sites I have provided below as well, so you can narrow it down to attorneys in your area. Prices vary, so you want to select one that is not only affordable but meets your needs.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The links you provided did not really narrow down an attorney search for my need

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
If you call the CA Bar, they will provide you with a specific attorney for your needs. If you use the two other links, you can narrow it down as well. If there are problems/issues doing this, please let me know and I can see what I can do to help.