How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 9 theft of property charges flied against me, they are

Customer Question

I have 9 theft of property charges flied against me, they are timber charges with contracts and cancelled checks to show that the contracts where full field , they are saying that there was deceit used to get the contracts signed, and they are wanting more money, I see this as all civil I have a lawyer that I paid 35 grand to and in almost a year now he has filed nothing on the case not even a reduction in bond which is an extreme amount, I have been thinking about firing my attorney no contract was signed , after you give your opinion on the case do you think I can get any of my money back ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have the proof you claim, then certainly this should be a civil case, but if they did file charges you have to deal with them. The problem with the bond once it was set is that it takes your attorney filing a bond reduction hearing and if the bond is already in place the attorney may not want to spend your money fighting that instead of fighting the charges against you.
What is he doing to fight the charges themselves?