How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41531
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother is willingly letting people steal from him; due

Customer Question

My brother is willingly letting people steal from him; due to excessive alcohol use over decades his reasoning ability is bad. What can I do to protect what little assets he has remaining?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.
You need to report this to Adult Protective Services.He is being financially exploited.They can apply for a court appointed guardian.They will protect him here and get him the help he needs.They have the resources to deal with this matter.
I am so sorry he is having to go through all of this.Please call them and report it here this is 24/7..They have to investigate and take action to protect him and his finances.
Elder abuse reports may be made to the statewide Elder Abuse Hotline (1-***-***-****), which operates on a seven days a week, 24 hours a day basis.
I do appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.