Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have dispute with environmental contractor. He start

Customer Question
Hi I have dispute with environmental...
Hi
I have dispute with environmental contractor. He start and not finished the contract and try to engage in the next contract which is not acceptable for me. I am exchanging e-mail with info how to better resolve the problem. The contractor break the contact and request stop e-mail which I did. I am filled the complaint in Small claim court and settled the case. About 3 months later start looking for new contractors. All of them asking to present documents ( report) what is done and what not and all certificates. The contactor sent only absolutely useless document, but refused the rest.
I send him e-mail " that got punished him" He filed harassment complaint in Municipal Court. Mediation in Municipal court failed due he request pay him unpaid balance already settled in Small Court. Any legal advice will be appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/12/2015
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Welcome. My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from the information or assistance that I provide.
You need to sue him for a declaratory judgment action in which you obtain a court order that states he has a legal duty to turn over the proper documents and if he fails to comply the court can enforce the order by the threats of additional fines or jail time.
Before you do this, you will need to have some environmental law or other law in hand that says that he has a legal duty to comply with your request. Sometimes this is made part of the settlement agreement and if that was the case, you can sue him for breach of that agreement.
http://law.onecle.com/new-jersey/2a-administration-of-civil-and-criminal-justice/16-52.html
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!
Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney