Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm 49 years old. I went to Walmart with my 26 and 19 year

Customer Question

I'm 49 years old. I went to Walmart with my 26 and 19 year old. Bought 350.00 worth of groceries and had two bottles of wine which I got and put inside my basket. My 26 year old put the wine on the belt. The cashier wanted to see maid, my sons I'd and my daughters id. Because my daughter was 19 they could not sell me the wine the main store manager was not available and there were a couple of assistant managers that refused to sell and wouldn't even let me take the groceries and my kids out to the car and come back in by myself and purchase. I had to end up going up the road to schnucks to by my wine. It was very upsetting and frustrating. I really wanted to just let them take all my groceries back but I didn't have the time to shop again the day before Mother's Day. Anything legally I can do
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: You should file complaint with the store manager. There was no need requesting IDs from your son and daughter when you were the one purchasing the item. It does not take three people to purchase a bottle of wine. Then if the store manager does not resolve your issue to your satisfaction, you can file complaint with your Attorney General's Office.