Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Thank You Ray answer but I have a couple of follow-up

Customer Question

Thank You Ray for your answer but I have a couple of follow-up questions-
1. I bank with a credit union and I have a credit card with them and my mortgage and my savings so aren't they going to know that I have money and I withdrew it all out of the account?
2. I have a a car that is only a year old that I want to keep can I make payments by money order, how does that play out?
3. I filed for disablility before my husband's death does this come into play.
4. Right now I was considering Cobra from my husband's company as I have no health insurance.
5. Why would a deed in lieu not go through.
6. I am moving to Georgia and live with my Mom. She is leaving her place to me and my two brothers how does this play out?
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Hi Henry and welcome back.Ray here again to help.
Let's go through your questions.
Yes by money order here they really cannot trace those.
No just get the payments out of the account as quick as you can, they pay electronically so you just take it out as quick as it hits.
Leave say $50-$100 in the account.
COBRA is an option.In most cases Obama care is cheaper here because you get subsidies if you are low income.
Sometimes they require you to try a short sale for say several months and then if it doesn't sell they agree.Each situation is different sometimes they agree right off the bat.
There is not a problem if you get the deed and lieu and have no judgment on you.If you have a judgment you may file Chapter 7 to discharge it.Takes about a year.Once discharged she can leave it to you and creditors have no claims.
I appreciate the chance to help you again.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.