How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was divorced in 1995.I am now 82 yrs old, not in the best

Customer Question

I was divorced in 1995.I am now 82 yrs old, not in the best of health, I have had triple by_ pass heart surgery, I am being treated for kidney disease, I have macular degeneration in my right eye.Even though I have BC/BC health insurance,and get some help from the veterans clinic. I still need some relief from my alimony payments. I have been paying $600 a month for apx 20 years[ 7200 $ per year] so far apx a total of 144,ooo$. now with my health issues, I can hardy make ends meet. my income is from social security and a teacher retirement from michigan.I can provide those figures upon request.I am now living in arizona, in a trailer alone.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, we are forbidden from representing anyone from this site, we can only provide information to customers to help them know their rights and what actions they may take. However, state law forbids us from actually representing anyone or from making personal referrals.
If you would like information about what to do we would be more than happy to assist with that. If so, I am presuming this support was ordered in MI by the MI court?