How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Impersonating a police officer

Customer Question

some one called left message  that they got a report i was harassing someone and they were with the police department and for me to call them to discuss the matter. so i called back and the same person that left the message said thanks for calling now we have your number and 50 of the last texts and hung up. i called back and got voice mail, i called right back got voice mail and left a message that impersonating a police officer is illegal and i will be contacting police.    I do not know of a police department that  first of all calls you in the middle of the night and then hangs up on you when you call back without saying me saying a word.  i could be wrong but if this guy is not with the police department what can be done ?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
You are correct, impersonating a police officer is a serious offense. Please call your local police department (use their non-emergency line) and notify them that you would like to report a crime. They will assist you with the report.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

apparently its not a serious offense because they didn't even want to make a police report and said he would have had to show a badge or pull me over to prosecute.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
If local law enforcement lacks the resources to pursue the matter, you can also contact the State Attorney General's Office (