How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29804
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok, I was in small claims court today based on the statements

Customer Question

Ok, I was in small claims court today based on the statements of the defendant. She used my social security money to help pay for a cruise based on her statements to me from February 10, 2014. I know for a fact that she loaned me 600 dollars in December 2013 to get a few things for my daughters & myself. In January 2014, just after New Years, I was evicted from my apartment because I was suicidal(don't handle rejection well) was responsible for a bounced check because I had the card with payees name on it for the payee account. So she got in trouble for it. Understandable, but before that I told her & reaching out to her, she neglected to help. And between August & December I never get a visit from her at all until the time I made the attempt in January. Just feeling neglected again. I was in the hospital for 6 weeks. Hospital says that she said it was ok for me to return or discharged rather to the payee's address. Well today in court I was going for the 700 dollars that she transfered from the payee account that could have gone to housing. Because if she didn't want me discharging to her apartment, I could have been placed in a halfway home or extended stay hotel. Instead today, I get, he broke into my apartment. Because when I got there, there was a key under the mat & she said that the key was placed there by maintenance & not by her.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
August 2013 through January 2014. Today she testified that I had broke into her apartment on February 10, 2014. This was after I was told by the hospital in Longview & by my payee at the time that it was ok for me to be there.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.
What is your specific question about this situation? Did she win the case? What are you trying to accomplish?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I didn't receive anything. Her testimony was filled with a lie. As represenative payee, she was neglectful, because I was on disability & denied me a place to live, based on the fact that I did something criminal. My disability money was used for her own purpose to go on her vacation instead of going towards a place to live. I feel like her testimony was discriminatory. As well. What do I have?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that this happened.
You have TEN days after the judgment was entered to file a Notice of Appeal in the County Court. The clerk of the Small Claims Court should have forms you can fill out to do that. On appeal, you'll get a new trial in front of a different judge. You'll be allowed to introduce any evidence you have that shows her testimony as untrue.
If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply without rating so I may address them. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively to redirect a portion of the payment you have already made so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.