CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I received a notice of appeal but it did not spell out what

Customer Question

I received a notice of appeal but it did not spell out what I needed to do
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Here is a good overview of the appellate process in Florida state courts: http://www.4dca.org/information/appellateprocess.pdf.Appellate practice is very different from trial court practice, and while all litigants generally benefit from having counsel, hiring an appellate attorney to represent you in this step is especially important as the entire appellate process is going to be focused on the legal arguments made in your briefs, so a focused and clear argument combined with thorough legal research and analysis is critical (this is the kind of thing that benefits from practice, and even civil litigation attorneys generally turn appellate matters over to experts to best assist their clients).You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).