How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a judgement against from a civil case I lost in Illinois

Customer Question

I have a judgement against from a civil case I lost in Illinois about a hotel loan. I appealled and was granted time to get funds to cover the required letter of credit for the appeal. The bank holding the judgement filed an assett discovery and had my bank accounts frozen before time had expired for posting the bond. The bank admitted in court that were trying to impede my ability to raise the bond money. Is this a violation of my civil rights in Illinois?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
It isn't a violation of your "civil rights" but it is a violation of the court's order giving you the extension to file the bond.You can file a motion for sanctions against the bank based on their violation of this order.