How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father, who is 80 years old was told to leave the local

Customer Question

my father, who is 80 years old was told to leave the local horse racing track a couple of weeks ago. He said they approaced him, asked for his card and told him to leave. No
explanation was given. This has been my father's life for many years as he has been retired and left with little to do other than to go to casino's and the race track. He is very upset and doesnt know what to do with himself. Can a race track ban you without evidence
of some wrongdoing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI am sorry to hear of this matter for your Father
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
does he have any recourse?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
If it is a privately owned track for instance they get no money from the state or federal government then yes they can ban for no reason. They don't have to have a reason, nor do they have to disclose it and that is probably written in fine print some where
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
If the government contributes to it in any way I suggest they must have cause otherwise it would be discrimination
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
I suggest the best thing to do is take your Dad to talk to the management. Find out what they THINK he did. See if you can help make amends.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
If you have other questions, please let me know.Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating here as that is how i get credit for my time and informationThank you