How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to get my son's car out of a tow lot. He is not here

Customer Question

I need to get my son's car out of a tow lot. He is not here to pick it up himself. Tow lot owners tell me I need a 'Hold Harmless Agreement' drawn up by a lawyer and signed by my son in order for me to get the car towed back to my home. Who can I contact about getting this accomplished?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. There is no obligation that you use an attorney. ANY contract can be drafted by you personally. If you are seeking such a contract, you can even do a search on google for a 'hold harmless agreement template' and use it to amend and modify based on your specific needs. What they are seeking is simply language that by giving the car to you and not to the son, your son will hold the tow lot harmless should you end up harming the car, damaging it, or somehow will refuse to return it to him--they want to make sure that they cannot be liable if you pick up the car and not your son directly. Just add such language to the template, have both of you sign, and it should be sufficient. Sincerely, ***** *****