How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33911
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a defendant in a law suit in Texas and I live in Georgia.

Customer Question

I'm a defendant in a law suit in Texas and I live in Georgia. The plaintiffs claim we knew about a foundation problem when we sold the house to them, but we did not. They can't even prove there is a foundation problem now. they want almost 2,000,000 in DTPA. If they win a judgement against us, how is that enforced in GA?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.If they get a judgment in Texas then they can take that judgment to GA and "domesticate" it through the courts there and it becomes a GA judgment and can be enforced in GA just like a judgment that was originally issued in GA.It is a relatively simple act to domesticate a judgment since all states have agreed to hone each other's judgments under the Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act.