Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Won Default Judgment in California Superior Court in 2014 against

Customer Question
former employer who failed to...
Won Default Judgment in California Superior Court in 2014 against former employer who failed to pay my salary/commissions. He paid four of the 20 payments and then stopped. What is the California Civil Code need to reference so can get Default Judgment on Court Calendar to have Defendant brought back before my local Superior Court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
5/4/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
If you already have the judgment, you shouldn't need to bring him back before the court (unless you want to do a "debtor's examination").Here is a good link to how to enforce your judgment in California (it gives you information on doing a Judgment Lien on real property, personal property, bank levies, wage garnishment, and performing a debtor's examination).http://www.saclaw.org/pages/enforce-judgment.aspxThe California Courts also have a helpful website, complete with forms, to help you enforce your judgment. http://www.courts.ca.gov/partners/170.htm
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney