Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In georgia can two people be listed on the title of an

Customer Question
automobile as owners...
in georgia can two people be listed on the title of an automobile as owners
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
5/2/2015
Lawyer: Shawn P. Adamo, CPA PFS QFP CGMA replied 2 years ago
Shawn P. Adamo
Shawn P. Adamo, CPA PFS QFP CGMA
They absolutely can. In fact when their is a loan on a car both the owner and the finance company are on the title. It is no different for two people. Hopefully this gets me a great rating!.
http://www.wikihow.com/Add-a-Spouse-to-a-Car-Title
http://www.dmv.org/ga-georgia/title-transfers.php Adding a NameYou may need to:Locate the current title.Make sure you and the new additional owner have:Your licenses or ID cards.Proofs of insurance.The fee of $18.Visit your County Tax Commissioner’s tag agency with the new additional owner to complete the transaction. Depending on your situation, you may or may not need to update the vehicle’s registration.
Tina, Lawyer