Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son purchased a motorcycle from an individual about a month

Customer Question

My son purchased a motorcycle from an individual about a month ago, which appeared to be in like new condition but within a few days he realized wasn't running properly. He took it to a professional motorcycle shop and they told him that it appeared to have been in a significant wreck at some point in time and had several issues. He contacted the seller to try and return it for a full or partial refund and the seller refuses. Does my son have any legal ground to stand on? Thanks.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Did the seller provide any warranty on the bike? Did your son get it checked out prior to buying it and perform his due diligence? Did the seller make any statements about the quality or condition about the bike or fail to disclose when asked, if there were any problems?