How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good morning. I was trying to find a lawyer that could help

Customer Question

good morning. I was trying to find a lawyer that could help me with my ERAS application for medical residency. I was arrested in orange county CA in 2006 for for Charges (23152(a), 23152(b), 23224(a) VC) and (11350 (a) HS, 11364 HS ). I thought that my case was dismissed after my completion of a year long program in Arizona but I'm not entirely sure. I am applying for my residency application soon and its been almost 10 years since this happened. October 2006. I am not sure what I need to disclose and if I can be denied residency because of this.

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) You may or may not see a timer on the question. The site is doing some testing, but do not worry, this timer should not get in our way. The question may be answered sooner than the timer ends, or a little after. The timer may reset or it may not. Point is - I will try and make it work for our conversation; and(C) For the sake of clarity I may break my replies into several parts, so there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies. Ergo, until you see me saying "I am ready to be rated," that means I am still working with you and we have not finished yet.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
1) JustAnswer experts cannot represent customers as clients;2) Nor can we refer you to specific attorneys because of ethical considerations. What I can do is help you with a referral service and explain how to find an attorney who is vetted for this case. I can also possibly provide some links to low cost / pro bono counsel in the state. Would this be acceptable? And if so, to confirm - this is for CA, correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is for CA, thank you so much and I appreciate the help.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome. May I recommend the CA Bar referral program - here. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.If one seeks low cost/pro bono attorneys, then I can recommend three resources. First, here is a list of all pro bono work in the state...…and another list:http://www.lawhelp.orgFinally, you may call your local law school and see if they have a legal clinic place available. The legal clinic is a free service the school(s) provide to the community. While they are often overbooked, they have openings sometimes. Here is the list law schools in your state: in your situation wants to find an attorney who has experience in administrative law. I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct.. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.