How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Alabama and need to add my partner to my insurance

Customer Question

I live in Alabama and need to add my partner to my insurance benefits bc she had none and needs to see a doctor. ... my benefits Sept said we can add her today is you can get a marriage license provided to us. ... does it have to be an alabama marriage license or can we come they're tomorrow? She needs help and it needs to be soon. ... plz help me?
Submitted: 2 years ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Normally a marriage license from any state will work since the states are all obligated to recognize the laws of another state. As far as when you can go and see them and add her on, that really isn't a legal question, you would have to ask them about that.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Please ask any follow up questions in this thread.