If in deed my parents were both mentally incompetent..and they…

If in deed my parents...
If in deed my parents were both mentally incompetent..and they signed a revocation of power of attorney letter and had it notarized, would this be valid or not...based on the hypothetical fact that they are incompetent?
2) Please indicate a website and/or phone number to bring a complaint to the bar... Read full answer
2) Please indicate a website and/or phone number to bring a complaint to the bar that pertains to the lawyers in Orlando Fl in zip code 32809 also would this site or phone number give me confirmed information as to whether or not they possess valid licenses....if i simply gave their names. Actually i there an international bar that can ascertain all validly license lawyers?
3) Also can you provide a website that provides free samples of revocation of power of attorney that i can simply put in the names etc and have my parents sign and notarize
Finally my parents are in Jamaica at the moment.. and I'm not sure when they plan on returning to Florida...can a lawyer form Jamaica with a Fl licensing as well take care of all matters in the event that I might need one.
Can you recommend an excellent lawyer in the Poinciana Fl area..zip 34759 or the Montego Bay Jamaica area
Incidentally what is your area of expertise in law and where do you currently practice. are you in Florida?
O yeah..is there a particular doctor that I need to take my parents to for the mentally competent evaluation?
8/14/2014
Legal Eagle, Attorney
Legal Eagle :

Hello

Legal Eagle :

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I think I can help you

Legal Eagle :

I practice in estate planning and other areas--I am not licensed in Florida, but I have a few good friends who are attorneys there

Legal Eagle :

as far as seeing if someone is licensed here is a link:

Legal Eagle :

tps://www.floridabar.org/names.nsf/MESearchDK?OpenForm

Legal Eagle :

Telephone number to discuss attorneys acting unethically--1866-352-0707

Legal Eagle :

Here is a link that discusses how to file a complaint--

Legal Eagle :

Here are a few links for free forms--these forms would be better if they were reviewed by an attorney.

Legal Eagle :

This form is for the state of Washington, but the form could be converted for FL
http://www.seniorservices.org/portals/3/documents/srapoa/poarevocationform.pdf

Legal Eagle :

The best place to start for mental health is with your parents primary care physician. They are usually the most familiar with your parents situation.

Legal Eagle :

A lawyer in Jamaica (licensed in Florida) can help you with what you need, and may be able to help you even if they are not licensed in Florida depending on what you needed.

Legal Eagle :

Please review this information and then we can discuss.

Legal Eagle :

Thanks,

Customer:

thank you for your response.did you over look the first question or were you not sure? in any event....please send the contact numbers for Poinciana Fl licensed attorneys..thanks..

Customer:

Full Size Image

Legal Eagle, Attorney

Sorry--I did not mean to miss that question. If your parents were incompetent, then the revocation would not be valid. Incompetence is hard to prove after the fact, so the sooner you can get them evaluated by a physician, the better. The fact that the document was notarized bears little if no bearing on their competence at the time of signing--a notary only certifies that they signed in his/her presence, or they swore that they signed the document. That is all.

As far as attorneys in that area, I made a few calls and the best reference I received was for Draper Law Office--they are somewhat of a general practice firm. My colleague has worked with and against them in court and says they seem to know their stuff. The number is(###) ###-#### Good luck

O ok.. thanks for your help...take care and blessings! here are a few websites..

www.harvest.org

www.wmca.com/ProgramGuideDaily

www.familyradio.com

www.bible.com/app

www.klove.com

Thank you. Good luck and have a great evening.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My sister recently redid her will the end of December.
Second opinion] My sister recently redid her will the end of December. However in October she had chemo to her brain and almost died. Since then she has been confused and has been in and out of the ho… read more
Attorney/Landlord/Realtor,
I LIVE IN ORANGE PARK, FLORIDA AND MY LICENSE HAS BEEN
I LIVE IN ORANGE PARK, FLORIDA AND MY LICENSE HAS BEEN REVOKED FOR MEDICAL REASONS. cAN YOU LEAD ME TO A GOOD ATTORNEY IN THE ORANGE PARK, FL AREA WHO MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ME … read more
JKEsq
JKEsq
Managing Firm Partner,
Looking for mediator with experience in contract law.
Looking for mediator with experience in contract law. Franchisor / Franchisee dispute. … read more
Eric. Y., Esq.
Eric. Y., Esq.
Law/J.D.
Stop searching for answers—
How to get a Bank to accept a valid POA. California. I have
I have contacted the Bank several times with no luck … read more
Jessica B
Jessica B
Does a durable power of attorney mean the agent has the
Does a durable power of attorney mean the agent has the ability to make decision for the party, without an official finding of incompetence? … read more
Jessica B
Jessica B
I have been working in the hotel industry in Jamaica for
I have been working in the hotel industry in Jamaica for over 15years as a manager. What would it take to get us employment based visa.… read more
Expert James
Expert James
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I am executor for my now deceased sister. She had a test
I am executor for my now deceased sister. She had a test that's never filed, signed a revocation of the trust and completed a will. We cannot find a copy of the trust. The house deed was transferred t… read more
Attorney/Landlord/Realtor,
Is there anyway to get a POA without an attorney if there is
Is there anyway to get a POA without an attorney if there is a time sensitive matter? I have an appt with a lawyer but only next week. My dad has dementia and mom is beginning to not understand stuff … read more
Lawyer,
My mother-in-law signed a power of attorney back in 2005
My mother-in-law signed a power of attorney back in 2005 authorizing my husband to handle her affairs. In 2014 she was deemed to have dementia. My sister-in-law had my mother-in-law sign a power of at… read more
Attorney,
I was convicted of dui in Tennessee while driving with a valid
I was convicted of dui in Tennessee while driving with a valid NC license, July 7, 2014. I have gotten a certified driving record from NC and it shows no revocation. I satisfied all TN fines and requi… read more
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Managing Attorney,
Hi.. My parents live in Poinciana Florida..and they are
Hi.. My parents live in Poinciana Florida..and they are 84 and 81 married and have health issues. My older brother(he is 50 and i am 46) has obtain a power of attorney over my parents as well as secur… read more
Legalease
Legalease
Attorney At Law,
Doctor of Law w/ highest honors
MY BOYFRIEND AND I RETAINED A LAWYER IN ORLANDO, FL LAST YEAR
MY BOYFRIEND AND I RETAINED A LAWYER IN ORLANDO, FL LAST YEAR AFTER HE WAS ARRESTED IN JUNE 2012. SINCE WE HAVE RETAINED HIM, HE HAS BEEN PAID OVER $3,000 AND EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NOT MADE ANY RECENT P… read more
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett
Stop searching for answers—
Socrateaser: Great job so far. However, its not over... Apparently,
Socrateaser: Great job so far. However, it's not over... Apparently, the State of FL requires documentation that I want to sever a power of attorney. Since I'm your biggest fan, how do I do this? BTW,… read more
I am an American that wants to marry a Canadian. We want a
I am an American that wants to marry a Canadian. We want a prenup agreement good in both countries… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Attorney at Law,
Brother has forged power of attorney of father. Has used it
Brother has forged power of attorney of father. Has used it to cash VA checks and divert monies. What do I do?… read more
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett
I need to gain power of attorney over my mother who is suffering
I need to gain power of attorney over my mother who is suffering from a mental condition. I need a contact of a lawyer that will be able to assist me with that one perferable one that is located in co… read more
Attorney at Law,
If a person gets married in Jamica is the marrage legal in
If a person gets married in Jamica is the marrage legal in the US. If aperson has bi-polar is on medication has been and is on a on going treatment program capable of making legal decisions on there o… read more
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Certified Mediator,
I live in Orlando, FL, and am going through a nightmare ...
I live in Orlando, FL, and am going through a nightmare with my little dog, Toby. He was dropped off on Friday for a routine dental cleaning. He seemed lathargic and sad, so we brought him into the ve… read more
NOT LEGAL ADVICE!
NOT LEGAL ADVICE!