How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If private pictures were taken in a private setting and someone

This answer was rated:

If private pictures were taken in a private setting and someone took those pictures then gave them to a church official to ask for church discipline. Then the senior pastor is going to present a case to the disciplinary body of the church which consists of over 30 deacons and this pastor is going to display those pictures on an overhead projector without the consent, in fact to the objection of the person in the picture, does this subject in the picture have any protective rights?

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an attorney with over 10 years experience handling many types of claims in the litigation arena. It is an honor to be able to assist you with this matter.


The short answer to your question is that you do have rights to the public display of non consensual photos being displayed against your wishes. The mechanism to enforce those rights to prevent the display is to first have a temporary restraining order issued against the church for the display to prevent it from occurring. When you file for the restraining order (which you do not need an attorney to do for you) you can also request a hearing to have the restraining order converted into a permanent injunction.


The restraining order is rather simply to get and you simply need to go the courthouse in your county of residence and explain the situation to the court clerk and request assistance in filing for the restraining order.


To convert the restraining order into an injunction, you need to be able to prove that showing the photos will cause you irreparable harm to your reputation and that injunctive relief is the only mechanism available to you to prevent the release.


There will be a hearing on the injunction, in which case you can argue your position and request that the judge seal the record so that it does not become a part of the public domain.


In short, you need to file for a restraining order as soon as possible and request a hearing for a permanent injunction.


Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.


Best wishes going forward!

Delta-Lawyer and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you