Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

I petitioned the North Little Rock Planning Commission for

I petitioned the North Little Rock Planning Commission for a Permit for New Construction.
Can I withdraw this petition? They are asking for so much site improvements, I can't afford to procede.
Will all their demands go away if I withdraw.

Chris T., JD :

Good evening. I'll be happy to assist you.

Chris T., JD :

To answer your question directly, yes, you can withdraw your permit, assuming you haven't begun construction yet.

Customer:

We are in the county so we though we out of their juorisdiction. We moved a modular office building onto the property. They informed us we were within their two mile extended juorisdiction so we had to have a permit for new construction. We never hooked up utilities to the building.

Chris T., JD :

I understand. You basically have 2 options: remove the building and return the land to its condition before, or follow through and bring it to code.

Customer:

Planning Commission says we can't withdraw and forget the whole thing even if we move the building. They still want us to meet all their requirements.

Chris T., JD :

If the land is returned to the condition it was in before you moved the building, then you should be able to withdraw it. They can't force you into anything because you don't have a contract with them. You may need to hire a lawyer to fight this, but this is an issue you should win.

Customer:

That's probably what I'll have to do. These people are a bunch of nuts.

Chris T., JD :

It certainly sounds like it. To be honest, them not letting you withdraw is a little bizarre.

Customer:

Yeah, they're out of touch with reality.

Customer:

Thanks for your advice

Chris T., JD :

Glad to help.

Chris T., JD :

If I can't do anything else for you, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go.

Customer:

Will Do