Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am insurance agent who is trying to develop leads. My leas

source(several) some are agents some...
I am insurance agent who is trying to develop leads. My leas source(several) some are agents some are not.. His is to get name address zip code information from interested customers and then I or other licensed agents call the customer and try to sell health ins... Several different states. I have contract that states payment is based on an amount per sale. I now realize that I can pay other ins agents referral fees based on each sale but not non agents.
I have yet to make any sales or even try but did I break the law by having the contract or only if I honor it. I will try to renegotiate with non agents lead sources.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2013
Tina, Lawyer

Hello and welcome.

I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am working on your answer now and will post it here shortly. Thank you for your patience while I prepare your answer.

Hello again,

Entering into an illegal contract is typically considered evidence of an illegal act but it would not by itself be enough to prove that an unlawful transaction actually occurred normally. If you have not actually paid any fees to unlicensed individuals, then there would typically be no violation involved, although it would be very wise to renegotiate the contracts so they conform with the law as you have indicated you intend to do.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!

Tina, Lawyer

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/. I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.

Tina, Lawyer