Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I am 79 years old, there was some sort of reverse mortgage

I am 79 years old, there was some sort of reverse mortgage on this property, now a group called financial freedom is trying to make me vacate the property. i had already decided to leave before the end of the year. I need several weeks to the end near end of November to find a reasonable mover and leave. These financial freedom people have been knocking on my door all day, I'm very afraid they will just put my items in the streeet. I need time to pull my self together, get a mover, eliminate stuff so I can move. Is there moving assistance? My relative live in the southwest and that is whee I intend tom go....but I need time, at least 30 days. Thanks for you help XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX  XXX-XXX-XXXX

Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Has anyone filed an eviction action against you with you being served a summons by the sheriff or constable?
.
Have you received any paperwork regarding the company's claims to the house?
.
Were you the one who took out the reverse mortgage?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. i have not seen any eviction notice or action

2. I have not received any summons by any sheriff or constable

3.I have not received any paper work.

4. No, it was my mother who passed away some years ago...

i did not realize this until recently, when I decided that I was

going to move to a warmer area of the country. i need time to

get myself composed so I can move, approximately 30 to 60 days.

Ok, if no one has served you any notice to vacate and then filed an eviction complaint and summons, then they legally can't evict you or force you out until they do so.
.
The eviction process in MD is called "summary ejectment" and once they file a formal action, it will typically take a week to ten days before there is a court hearing. After the hearing, they still have to give you 5 days before they can have the sheriff force you out.
.
The judge may grant an extension of time for surrender of the premises for a maximum of 15 days after the trial if he receives a certificate signed by a physician stating that surrendering the premises within the 4-day period would endanger the health or life of the tenant or another occupant.
.
.
With that said, considering your age, it is likely that the judge would grant you some additional time to move so I would opine that from the time they filed the eviction case, it would probably be around a month before they could force you to move.
.
So if they haven't started anything legally before now, it is extremely unlikely they could get you out before the end of the month.
.
.
Thanks