How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1370
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I reside in CA, and am 84 years old. My only brother died 7

This answer was rated:

I reside in CA, and am 84 years old. My only brother died 7 months ago in his native GA. He had named his granddaughter, a lawyer living in and licensed in GA, as executor of his Trust. I was not named as an heir. For various reasons.....e.g., getting insight to best rearrange the Trust of my wife and I
in allocating assets to my brother's family......I'd like a copy of my brother's Trust. (I'm a little surprised I was not provided a copy upon hid death; we were very close.) Before I ask my grand-niece for a copy, I'd like to know if I'm legally entitled to a copy, under GA law.

Thelawman2 :

Unfortunately, you would not be entitled to a copy. As the executor of the trust, his granddaughter has the authority to determine who she allows access to the document, but you would not have a right to see it.

Thelawman2 and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not the answer hoped for, but response was fast and responsive.