Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I WORK AT WALMART AND OUR FRONT END MANAGER HAS TAKEN AWAY

I WORK AT WALMART AND OUR FRONT END MANAGER HAS TAKEN AWAY OUR FATIGUE MATS AWAY FROM OUR SELF CHECK OUT LANES. I HAVE BAD KNEES AND STANDING ON THE CEMENT FLOOR MAKES THE HURT ALOT. IS THERE ANY OSAH LAWS PERTAINING TO WHEN FATIGUE MATS MUST BE GIVEN TO THE CASHIER

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : There are VOLUNTARY guidelines for ergonomic procedures to help with musculoskeletal problem and to prevent worker's compensation claims related to issues that can be prevented by taking proactive actions - - like placing fatigue mats at registers.
Roger : Here's a good link that outlines this issue as well as other related issues: https://www.osha.gov/ergonomics/guidelines/retailgrocery/retailgrocery.html#storewide
Thus, there are unfortunately no requirements under OSHA that would mandate the placement of these mats. Your employer could have policies that requires this, but I don't have access to that type of information, so you'd have to look there to see if there are any provisions that would help you demand that the mats be returned.