How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my child is 19yrs of age and is now living in another state

This answer was rated:

my child is 19yrs of age and is now living in another state with her boyfriend and my daughter wants me to continue providing health insurance.
she is not enrolled in any college or university at this time.

Q1 am i obilated to provide insurance especially with the new ACA law presented by presidaent Obama with it's penalties for not having coverage.

Q2 what are my rights as a parent who has met his child support obilgation which is paid in full with the Attorney General of Texas in regrads to providing health insurance?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

1) No, as a parent any responsibility that you would have to provide health insurance to you child (even with the new law) ends when he or she reaches the age of majority and becomes an adult, which is 18. In fact, most insurance programs only allow for continued coverage if your daughter is in college or lives with you.

2) Again, you have absolutely no obligation to provide health insurance to her at this point and no one can force you to do so.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers, and DON’T receive anything for my work unless you rate my answer positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!

Joseph and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions