How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118160
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

a debt collector has filed a motion for final judgement in

This answer was rated:

a debt collector has filed a motion for final judgement in Garnishment after I filed the exemption with the court because they put a writ of garnishment on my pension funds held in our (husband & wife) joint bank account. How do I write an opposing response to the final judgement. I want to make sure I have the opportunity to show the court that these funds were from my pension. This is in Lake County Florida.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In your objection, you need to restate the funds are from your pensions and you need to attach bank statements if they are direct deposits along with a letter or statement from your pension showing that they are indeed pension funds so the court can see exactly where those funds have come from.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. How do I title and word the form ? I was only able to find a blank motion form on the COC website.

Thank you for your reply.

You would title it Objection to Motion for Final Judgment of Garnishment on the blank motion form.
Law Educator, Esq. and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your feedback, for which I am a bit dismayed since each of your questions were answered correctly and directly to what you asked and you have asked no other feedback. I wish you all the best with the information you have taken from us.

As far as wording the form, we do not know anything about your case enough to suggest actual wording for you that would be sufficient other than an explanation of why you object and that you are attaching proof that your money is from pension funds which is exempt from garnishment by law.