How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117420
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A persons lively hood is taken away by an NGO claiming that

This answer was rated:

A persons lively hood is taken away by an NGO claiming that there certificate is a forgery. The NGO claims the person photo shopped the certificate issued by the NGO and is therefore claimed to be fraudulent. The NGO acquired the photo shopped certificate from the persons place of employment in the form of a scanned PDF. The place of employment received the scanned document from a satilite location with no evidence of who sent the scan. The persons name is XXXXX XXXXX e-mail with some explanation of why it is being sent. There is no electronic signiture attached to the e-mail, and no witness at the time of the scan. The person denies sending the scanned document and wants to sue the NGO for his loss of income. Will this third party scanned document stand up as evidence against the person in a law suit in a U.S. court of law?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Under the federal and Louisiana rules of evidence, the best evidence rule is that the original document must be submitted in court for evidence. Thus, the scanned or photocopy or faxed copy of the document is not acceptable in court and if they cannot provide the original document to prove it is a forgery, they could not prove forgery. However, if the party who issued the certificate has records they should be able to prove whether or not the certificate was issued in the name of the party in question.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Law Educator, Esq. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you