How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118210
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know how to obtain ORIGINALS of the SIGNATURE

This answer was rated:

I would like to know how to obtain ORIGINALS of the SIGNATURE on the photopack the vic signed when she identified me...ive only seen copies upon reqest don't they have to produce ORIGINALS? if not how can I get them?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

They only have to produce the originals in the court as evidence, they do not have to show you the originals anywhere but in court. Thus, if you want to see the originals, you need to file a motion in court for them to produce the originals for inspection in the court which is the only place they will allow you to view them.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they aren't in the file.....only copies....if I demand the origionals do they have to produce them ?.....and if they cant can I suppress them?

Thank you for your response.

They will not be in the file, they will be secured in the evidence room as they are original evidence. You need to file a motion in court to produce the originals and the court will order them brought in from the evidence room. If they cannot produce the originals in trial you can move to not admit them as evidence.
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

whats the name of motion I would file to view them?


Thank you for your response.

It is just that, a Motion to Produce Original Documents for Inspection.
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you