How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31785
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my county officials allowed three years ago for a VFW post

This answer was rated:

my county officials allowed three years ago for a VFW post to open its doors right in my back yard in the old community center i have respect for the veterans of this country . i cannot take the noise loud party's constant traffic drunken fights delivery trucks.the list goes on and on and on. what are my rights on this i and my neighbors are beyond any meditation at this point. i paid tens of thousands of dollars for my home and i cannot even go out in my yard anymore. this goes on ten to twelve hours a day seven days a week three hundred and sixty for days a year. i have respect for the vets of this country but i cannot live like this any more

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I''m sorry for your troubles with this, and I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : There are a few things you can do. First, you could contact the county officials and ask for help in instituting regulations to keep the hours of operation limited to minimize the interference with your enjoyment of your property.
Roger : Also, you could file disturbing the peace charges against the establishment/owner. Additionally, you could file a lawsuit against the establishment for private nuisance, which is when someone or an entity interferes with the quiet enjoyment of your property.
Roger : Any of these options should help you in getting some relief. However, the best start would be to go to the county officials and see if something can be resolved informally.
Roger and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you