How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sued in small claims court in Michigan. I received an order

This answer was rated:

I sued in small claims court in Michigan. I received an order for removal to district court. Can I deny said order for removal since the defendants attorney is a partner in my long-term attorneys firm and this same defendants attorney stood in for my attorney in an unrelated matter within the last 30 days?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You can object to the attorney's representation of the defendant due to a conflict of interest because he is a partner in the law firm of your long-term attorney.

The court will almost surely require that the attorney be removed from the case.

However, that has nothing to do with whether or not the case can be removed.

As long as you are claiming less than $5,000 there is no reason for the case to be removed to district court and you can contest that there is simply no reason to justify the case being moved to district court.

As long as you are suing for less than this amount and there is no counterclaim against you for more than $5,000, there's no reason for the case to be removed to district court, so if you can contest it on that basis, the small claims court should retain jurisdiction over the suit.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service preferably) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers, and DON’T receive anything for my work unless you rate my answer positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer. Lastly, do I need a specific form in order to object or may I write my objections in a letter?

Hello John,

You can write your objections in a letter. There is no specific form for this.
Joseph and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you