How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27641
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im currently being demand by Springleaf (a mortgage company)

This answer was rated:

I'm currently being demand by Springleaf (a mortgage company) to make a payment. They are telling me I"m a month behind? The problem is I have made all my payments and I have ask them to tell me what month I miss. All they sent me was a statement telling me I behind on my payments.

The problem is every time I call I talk to another person and I just getting the run around and them tell me I have to make this payment.

I want advise on how to put records together to help my case and anything else that could help on this issue.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The first thing you want to do is request the payment history for the life of the loan, from your lender. This will show you exactly what has been paid and received and what is owed. It should not be hard for them to tell you what payment was missed and if they are unable to do so, you could have a legal defense to raise, if the matter escalated. In addition, you should gather proof of your payments made and submit them to the lender, showing that they were received and applied to the loan and that the mistake is likely internal, on their end. If you are a month behind, you can certainly cure the problem by making the payment but if you have evidence to show this is incorrect, they need to change the problem in their system. If they recently made this demand, I am inclined to believe that the alleged missed payment is within the last 6-9 months, so go back and look over your banking records, to see if the payment was made and received by the lender.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've already faxed a reply to them showing all my payments made in 2012.


Now they are charging late fees on top of this. I want it all corrected. No one has reply to this.


Is their anyone I could send copies of my letters to them that over see what they are doing?

What about proof of payment for 2013? Do you have and did you send them that as well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I have all of the withdraws from my checking account for this to.

If there is an error on their part, the late fees and any other charges would need to be waived, since they would not have a legal basis to impose them. I would call them up this morning and ask to speak with a supervisor in the payment department and ask them to locate where/when the payment was missed. Get their name and number and directly fax and email them you payment history from 2012 and 2013, to show that payments were made and accepted by them, so there should be no issue, This way, you have one person who you are directly dealing with, who you can call back and speak with, until this is resolved.
LegalKnowledge and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you