How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116728
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid my Medicare Premiun Part B at the Social Security window

This answer was rated:

I paid my Medicare Premiun Part B at the Social Security window after I was called.
I asked if my coverage would continue. I was told that in two to three weeks I would get
a new card. I asked if I needed to do anything else or speak to someone to make sure I
was still going to receive my Medicare Part B. I went to the doctor. Found out that I have
to have an operation. I am a 5 year breast cancer survivor. The Tamoxifen has caused
fibroids, fluid to occur in the uterus. Because my mother died of uterine cancer I am watched carefully by my oncologists. My oncologist , Dr. Chai, upon finding out about my
Uterus test results took me off Tamoxifen immediately I am now on Exemestane. I still
need the operation. Long story made short, I have talked to 9 people about reinstatement.
I have a zero balance in my account. I have my receipt dated Sept 24, 2013. I thought from what was said between the woman at the window I was still covered. I have messed up. But I still need Medicare Part B now. I will walk on my knees 10 miles if I can be reinstated. I am applying for Social Security Benefits by phone this Monday. I still work
part time and I am a Caregiver for my dad who is 92. I have taught school 41 years.
Being a Caregiver is rewarding, mentally taxing, emotionally and physically draining. The
Alternative for my dad is worse. I am it. I am also ADHD and have trouble with paper.
Not being in my home that I just visit, I think I have things organized but then I have people who come to help. They clean, throw away and evidently in this helpfulness I have
lost track of mail and will never find mail. I was trying to make up for this by going to SS
upon advisement by the person I frantically called on Medicare phone help(8:40pm). As soon as I saw the plan/ticket to terminate I acted quickly. I went the next day paid my bill
was told that once I paid my money and she put it in I was okay with my coverage. I paid Sept. 24 2013. The check cleared my bank Oct 2. I was terminated from Medicare Part B.
Please help, make suggestions. I am so upset.
Sheila Z
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to go in person to appeal the decision to not reinstate your benefits if you made the payments. If your coverage lapsed, they can make you wait until the open enrollment date, but you have grounds to appeal this decision based on your paying immediately upon receiving notice and them accepting payment.

You need to go in person and speak to the person you spoke to at the window and then ask for a supervisor if they cannot get you reinstated. if the supervisor cannot get you reinstated, then I am afraid you would need an SS law attorney to seek to file your appeal to SSA and pursue your benefits through the appeal.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions