How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

father not the biological father for the child but wants to

This answer was rated:

father not the biological father for the child but wants to give her his last name. What is the legal process for that?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

I suggest, he can formally adopted the child OR you can go to the court and file a Petition for a Name Change.

You can get the forms for either the adoption or the name change from the Clerk of the Court in the county where the child lives.

Let me know what option you want more information on.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.
Sam and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you