How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In sorting out what party is liable to a complainant - Say

This answer was rated:

In sorting out what party is liable to a complainant -
Say a person owns a private building. He has the right to full use and enjoyment thereof. Say another party - local government - attempts to restrict his full use and enjoyment. Further say that the instigation behind this action is a third party attempting to coerce the local authorities into doing this. Is it proper for the owner to sue the local authority, or ?? Should the local authority then sue the third party to recover its losses?

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The person who owns the building can definitely sue the local government if they are illegal interfering with his full use and enjoyment of the property.

The person can also sue the person coercing the local authorities if the person intended to tortuously interfere with the building owner's enjoyment of property. Typically, the person would need to prove that person doing the coercing either made illegal threats against the local government or made false statements of fact, causing them to unjustifiably act on those actions.

The local government could sue the individual to recover their losses (although that may or may not be successful). For instance, if a person is wrongfully incarcerated based on the false testimony of a witness and wins a wrongful imprisonment case, the state normally does not seek or would it be able to obtain indemnification from the individual, since it still went ahead with the prosecution, etc.

The same is true of third parties in relation to government entities generally. As the government entity is being held accountable for its own wrongful actions.

I hope the above information is helpful, although I realize it is not what you wanted to hear. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate an honest and direct answer to your question. It would be unprofessional of me and unfair to you to provide you with anything less.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.
If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service preferably) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers and DON’T receive anything unless you rate me positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey.

Thanks and best of luck!

Joseph and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Hello Doug,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service! It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should you have future legal questions.

Please request me directly by placing “to Joseph” at the beginning of your question or you can ask a question directly to me through my URL here:

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and best of luck,