How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118763
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I just read a post about a gentleman with a case of

This answer was rated:


I just read a post about a gentleman with a case of bounced cheque and a judgment passed on him in UAE and he is worried about being arrested in Saudi Arabia (going on a business trip) and extradited to UAE.

I have the same scenario...

In the reply, there was a mention that unless the UAE issues an Arrest Warrant, one won't be arrested/extradited in Saudi Arabia. My questions are:

1- Are we talking about an international arrest warrant (like an Interpol Red Corner slip) or a specific arrest warrant issued from the UAE to Saudi Arabia in my name?
2- How do I know if an arrest warrant has been issued against me from the UAE? is the issuance of the Saudi visa a proof of not being a wanted person by their authorities?

Thanks and regards,
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

1) We are talking about a UAE arrest warrant that is submitted to the UAE for all area countries to see. Because of agreements and treaties with the UAE countries, they will honor a UAE warrant for arrest of debtors (most all other countries will not honor a warrant for arrest of a civil debtor). The Saudis will honor the warrant and will detain the person and then it is up to the UAE authorities to decide whether or not they want to send someone to come to extradite the person back to UAE.

2) Unfortunately, there are no real ways to check these warrants other than going through local law enforcement and if you do so and come up wanted, they have to hold you and contact the UAE authorities. There is nothing online to allow one to check these warrants. This is why is best to get an attorney in the place where you owe the debt and have them investigate and make some type of settlement agreement on the debt to prevent an arrest warrant from being issued.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you recommend a lawyer in UAE for the job?



Thank you for your response.

I am sorry, legally we cannot make personal referrals, all we can do is suggest you use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you