How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5686
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We suffer retaliation from our supervisor, who causes people

This answer was rated:

We suffer retaliation from our supervisor, who causes people trouble and then retaliates if they file a grievance against her. She also engages in defamation of character (mine), and any way she has available to her to give cause us anger and mental anguish. The company has talked to her in the past, but it continues on and on. She said she can do these things to us because she has the power to do it. We would like to have counseling on our rights to take legal action against the company for not taking permanent action to stop this behavior. She is causing emotional and mental distress that we do not deserve. We come to work so we can have food and shelter, etc., but to her, it seems we are pawns for her jealousies and angers. Please help us, we are ready to do something.
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

Because you are a union member, you have all the rights under the collective bargaining agreement to "just cause" in your employment - this means a fair and accurate treatment and procedure - along with a right to be heard and file a grievance without retaliation. Also, you need to file a grievance against the company for this particular supervisor's treatment as creating a hostile environment and diminishing your contractual right in employment - you have the absolute right under the contract to file grievances and cannot be retaliated against for doing the same. Likewise, if the grievance is rejected, you can request your union file arbitration for you.

The other option is you and the other workers can file an unfair labor practice charge with the NLRB alleging this supervisor's treatment is in retaliation of your expressing your collectively bargained right to file grievances. These are free of charge and you can follow the process at this link .

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.

John and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you