How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend has an outstanding civil warrant for contempt

This answer was rated:

My boyfriend has an outstanding civil warrant for contempt of court. He need to fly from the United States to Dubai for business. Does he have to worry about being arrested either leaving or entering the United States?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.


To answer your question directly, if this warrant was entered against him, it can appear on database review. Once a warrant, be it civil or criminal, is issued, the individual can be arrested upon having his information reviewed. It is fairly unlikely that customs will arrest him, but it is possible once a warrant is issued. Perhaps before he flies he may want to contact the court and negotiate removal of the warrant from his record, such as via payment of a fine.


Hope that helps.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you