How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30179
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a minister of the Universal Life Church and want to officiate

This answer was rated:

I am a minister of the Universal Life Church and want to officiate at my grandson's wedding.
Do I need anything else?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Some counties in North Carolina require the minister to register with the county before performing a marriage ceremony. You may be required to show proof of your ordination. You also must be at least 18 years old. Call the register for the county where they are going to get their marriage license to verify whether they are going to require that you register and make sure that you have any other documentation that they might want.

If you don't have your ordination credential, you may need to get a letter of good standing from your church.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they are getting married in Charlotte, N.C. Would you if that county accepts my ministry?

I'm sorry, but the terms and conditions of this site prohibit me from making telephone calls for you.

The state accepts all lawfully ordained ministers, so it's not an issue of whether they accept your church. It's just that some counties want you to register so they have a list of who is performing marriages there.

Lucy, Esq. and 12 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you