How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can you assist me in a "parenting agreement/order" in an illinois

This answer was rated:

can you assist me in a "parenting agreement/order" in an illinois court case scheduled on Nov 4, 2013?

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.



My apologies but if you are not an attorney, you cannot represent your son in court. It would be considered 'unauthorized practice of law'. While your son can represent himself, or you can represent yourself, you cannot represent him. Even if he may want you to represent him, no attorney would permit it, even if you appear with a 'power of attorney' signed and notarized document. Your son must hire counsel if he is physically unable to appear, you personally cannot appear and represent anyone other than yourself.


Hope that helps and please let me know if I can answer anything else for you. Thank you.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you